中国寓言故事双语版 | 宋人献玉

原标题:中国寓言故事双语版 | 宋人献玉

There was a man of the State of Song who liked to curry favour with others.

宋国有一个人,喜欢奉承别人。

One day, he got a piece of uncarved jade and went to present it to Zi Han, a minister of the State of Song,

有一天,他得到了一块未经雕琢的玉石,便去献给宋国大臣子罕,

with the intention to ingratiate himself with the official.

想讨好一番。

Zi Han adamantly refused to accept it.

子罕执意不受。

Thereupon, this man said in honeyed words:"This is a piece of rare jade.

于是,那人便花言巧语地说:“这是一块珍奇的玉石啊!

I regard it as a treasure suitable for a gentleman's utensil.

我把它当做宝贝,适宜于做君子的器皿。

If it gets into the hands of an old gentleman like you, to be worn by you or put on your dining table, that would be most suitable and fitting.

要是落在老先生你的手中,挂在你的身上,放在你的餐桌上,是最相称、最适合的。

I am an unrefined man, not deserving such a valuable treasure."

我是一个粗人,不配使用这种贵重的宝物。

"You may regard this piece of jade as a treasure," said Zi Han, "

子罕回答说:“你把这块玉石当做宝贝,

but I do not accept other's fawning, nor do I regard this kind of conduct a treasure."

我却不接受别人巴结奉承,并且不把这种行为当做宝贝。

The man of Song felt he had asked for a snub and sneaked away.

那个宋国人自讨没趣,溜了。返回搜狐,查看更多

责任编辑:

声明:该文观点仅代表作者本人,搜狐号系信息发布平台,搜狐仅提供信息存储空间服务。
阅读 ()
免费获取
今日搜狐热点
今日推荐