中国寓言故事双语版 | 不合时尚

原标题:中国寓言故事双语版 | 不合时尚

In the past, there was a married couple in the State of Lu.

从前,鲁国有这么一对夫妇。

The husband was a shoemaker who made very good shoes.

丈夫是一个鞋匠,鞋子做得很好。

The wife was a good hand at weaving silk.

妻子是一个织绢能手。

One day, the couple decided to go to the State of Yue to make a living.

一天,这两口子商量决定,去越国谋生。

When this news spread around, one man tried to dissuade them:"You had better not go.

这消息一传开,就有一个人去劝他们说:“还是不要去吧。

If you go to the State of Yue to make a living, that would be too bad.

如果你们到越国去谋生,那可糟了。

Over there, you certainly cannot make a living!"

在那里,你们一定会无法生活下去的!”

The couple asked in surprise:"We don't understand what you mean.

他俩奇怪地问:“我们不懂你说的意思!

Each of us has superb craftsmanship.

我们各人有一门手艺。

How is it possible that we couldn't make a living? Don't talk nonsense!"

怎么会生活不了呢?别胡说了!”

Thereupon, the man said to them:"Right. You indeed have superb craftsmanship.

于是,那人对他俩说:“对呀,你们手艺的确很好。

But you probably don't know the situation.

不过你们大概不了解情况吧!

You make shoes for people to wear, but the people in the State of Yue like to go barefooted and do not wear shoes;

你们做了鞋子,原来是给人穿的,可是越国人喜欢赤脚,不穿鞋子,

you weave silk to make hats, but the people there like to have their hair hanging down and do not wear hats.

你们织的丝绢,原来是做帽子用的,可是越国人喜欢披着头发,不戴帽子。

Then, how can you sell the shoes and hats you make?

那么,你们做的鞋子、帽子,怎么卖得出去呢?

Though you are highly skilled, your manual skills are of no use over there.

你们的技艺虽然很高,可是在那里却用不上。

Then how can you make a living?"

到那时候,看你们怎么生活。

After hearing this, the husband and wife saw the light:

这对夫妻听后,恍然大悟:

"Oh, so our way of thinking is against the current fashion."

“噢,原来我们的想法不合时尚啊!”返回搜狐,查看更多

责任编辑:

声明:该文观点仅代表作者本人,搜狐号系信息发布平台,搜狐仅提供信息存储空间服务。
阅读 ()
免费获取
今日搜狐热点
今日推荐