>文化>>正文

每日听力口语素材 | The music industry

原标题:每日听力口语素材 | The music industry

“一天一点”会员口语群2019年6月招生已结束,个别班级仍有少数名额可以插班,

通过对话,请回答以下问题:

(答案请写在文章留言区)

Why do the musicians earn less than they used to ?

昨天的听力口语材料参考答案如下:

Why does Buddhi not want to hire a servant?

Because it's easier to do things on her own.

重点讲解

1. all around 四处;到处;

In trying to understand romantic love, she's reading poetry from all around the world.

她阅读世界各地的诗歌来理解浪漫的爱情。

2. search for 搜寻;搜索;搜查;寻求;

He who would search for pearls must dive below.

欲索珍珠就要潜到水底。

3. type in 输入(在网上);

As you type in the Search box, the contents of the folder will be filtered to reflect each successive character that you type.

按照您在“搜索”框中键入的内容,将对文件夹中的内容进行筛选以反映您键入的每个连续字符。

4. for free 义务地;无偿地;免费地;

This gives you the ability to download and use this tool for free.

这样您就可以免费下载和使用这个工具。

对话部分

Hana: Alright, so Ben, what do you think about the music industry recently?

哈娜:好,本,你怎么看最近的音乐界?

Ben: Recently? Actually, you know I don't really listen to the radio so I'm not really sure about popular music, but one thing I do is I read a lot about music news, so one thing I've been noticing is with all of these new programs and websites like iTunes, Spotify, the free music ...

本:最近的音乐界?实际上,你知道我不常听广播,所以我不太了解流行音乐,不过我会浏览大量音乐新闻,我一直在关注新程序还有iTunes、Spotify等网站以及免费音乐……

Hana: Like YouTube yeah?

哈娜:比如YouTube?

Ben: YouTube. Yeah, YouTube as well. Like sometimes musicians, we don't ... No one buys CDs anymore.

本:YouTube。对,还有YouTube。有时音乐家,我们不……现在没人再买CD了。

Hana: No.

哈娜:对。

Ben: Right? When was the last time you bought a CD? Do you remember?

本:对吧?你上次买CD是什么时候?你还记得吗?

Hana: I don't even remember. Probably like ten years ago.

哈娜:我不记得了。大概是10年前吧。

Ben: Right, so like with the internet and the increase of everyone having high speed internet all around the world, I think the industry is changing a lot, especially for musicians and how they get paid.

本:好,随着互联网的发展,现在世界上所有人的网速都很快,我认为音乐界改变了很多,尤其是对音乐家以及他们得到报酬的方式来说。

Hana: Yeah, true.

哈娜:对,没错。

Ben: It's interesting in that kind of way, but I think it's a little ... I think we need to change how we pay musicians because people can't make money anymore.

本:这值得注意,不过我认为……我认为我们应该改变支付音乐家报酬的方式,因为他们现在挣不到钱了。

Hana: No.

哈娜:嗯。

Ben: Used to sell CDs and receive a profit from that, but now people are on YouTube downloading music illegally.

本:以前他们通过出售CD可以得到收益,但是现在人们都在Youtube上非法下载音乐。

Hana: Yes.

哈娜:对。

Ben: Do you remember those programs that people ... What were they called? Like they were like downloader ... Peer to peer downloading software programs, like I think one of them was called Napster. It was one of the biggest ...

本:你记得那些程序吗?那些是什么来着?就是那种下载程序,点对点下载软件程序,其中一个程序是Napster。这是最大的下载程序之一……

Hana: Was it?

哈娜:是吗?

Ben: Yeah, yeah. It was huge.

本:对,是的。这个程序很受欢迎。

Hana: Okay.

哈娜:好。

Ben: You would download this ... I remember, it was about 15 years ago. You would download the program onto your computer and you'd search for something. Let's say Madonna, which was actually my first song that I ever downloaded illegally was Madonna because I liked her when I was a kid.

本:我记得大约15年前就能通过这些程序下载音乐了。你可以把音乐下载到电脑上,还可以进行搜索。我第一首非法下载的歌是麦当娜的歌曲,因为我小时候很喜欢麦当娜。

Hana: Okay.

哈娜:好。

Ben: Before my punk days.

本:在我玩朋克乐之前。

Hana: Alright. Right.

哈娜:好,好的。

Ben: So yeah, you type in the name of the artist you want to listen to and you'd down ... All these songs come up that people have placed on the internet.

本:输入你想听的音乐家的名字,然后下载。你可以搜索出人们放到网上的所有歌曲。

Hana: Right.

哈娜:对。

Ben: And you can download that and you can keep it and listen to it as many times as you want for free.

本:你可以下载并保存这些歌曲,可以想听多少遍就听多少遍,而且都是免费的。

Hana: Yeah.

哈娜:对。

Ben: And you didn't pay ... I didn't pay Madonna anything.

本:你没有支付……我没有付麦当娜任何钱。

Hana: No.

哈娜:没有。

Ben: Right? In that way, I think the music industry has changed a lot.

本:对吧?我认为从这一点来说,音乐界改变了很多。

Hana: Yeah, I think so.

哈娜:对,我也是这么认为的。

Ben: Yeah, yeah. I'm not sure if it's good or bad, probably bad.

本:嗯,对。我不确定这是好事还是坏事,可能是坏事。

Hana: You think?

哈娜:你认为是坏事?

Ben: For artists I think it's not good.

本:我认为对艺术家来说并不好。

Hana: For artists. Yeah.

哈娜:对艺术家来说,对。

Ben: Especially if they're not as popular, so if they do not have a very big record deal.

本:尤其是如果艺术家并不太出名的话,如果他们的唱片合约并不重要的话。

Hana: Yeah.

哈娜:对。

“一天一点”会员口语群2019年6月招生已结束,个别班级仍有少数名额可以插班,返回搜狐,查看更多

责任编辑:

声明:该文观点仅代表作者本人,搜狐号系信息发布平台,搜狐仅提供信息存储空间服务。
i've espe itunes 麦当娜 round
阅读 ()
投诉
免费获取
今日搜狐热点
今日推荐