1. When visiting a museum, some people like to simply admire the displayed artwork, while others are busy taking pictures. What kind of person are you and why?
2. Some people like to decorate the house they live in, while others prefer to keep everything simple. What kind of person are you and why?
3. If you are admitted by two universities at the same time--one is a prestigious university that requires a lot of tuition fee, and the other is an average university that offers you a scholarship--which one would you prefer to go to and why?
4. Do you think that university students should be required to select their majors when they are still freshmen or that they should make such important decisions some time later (For example, in their sophomore or junior year)?
5. Some people like classical music, while others are into pop music. What kind of person are you and why?
6. Some people prefer to work for a large company that has a lot of employees, while others choose to work for a small business where there are only a few employees. Which do you prefer and why?
7. Some people seek advice from peers, while others like to consult older friends when they have problems. Which do you prefer and why
8. Some people like to purchase digital products as soon as they are introduced to the market, while others prefer to buy them after they have been on the market for a while. Which type of person are you and why?
9. If the community wants to help elderly people learn how to use computers, which one of the following do you think is a better idea?
- Giving them lectures
- Hiring people to teach them individually
10. Some professors like to give students feedback on their homework in person, while others like to send them emails. Which way do you prefer and why?
11. Some people like to live a life without much planning, while others prefer to have tight schedule in which there are a lot arrangements. What kind of person are you and why?
12. If you are required to have a job interview for a job you really want, but the company is in a city far from your own, would you travel to the city and have the interview in person or try to talk to them to see if you can have a phone interview instead?
13. When having a discussion with others, some people like to speak before others do, while others prefer to listen first and talk later. What kind of person are you and why?
14. When you have disagreements with people, would you like to convince them in a serious way or to do it in a humorous way?
15. Some people like to spend their money purchasing possessions like a piece of jewelry or a digital product, while others like to spend their money experiencing new things like a vacation to a foreign country. What kind of person are you and why?
16. When it comes to music, some people like to play some with an instrument, while others like to be the audience attending a concert. What kind of person are you and why?
17. Some students prefer essay questions in their exam where they must write an essay, while other students prefer to take a test with objective questions. Which do you prefer and why?
18. Some people prefer to have their broken furniture or household appliances fixed by professionals while others prefer to fix them by themselves. Which do you prefer and why? Please use examples and reasons to support your choice.
19. If you have an important exam to take tomorrow, do you like to study late to be better prepared or to sleep well to be more energetic? Explain why.
20. Some people like to plan their vacations carefully, while others prefer not to plan at all. What kind of person are you and why?
21. Some people prefer to study on their own whereas others prefer to attend lectures. Which do you prefer and why? Please use examples to support your reasons.
22. Some people prefer to live in spacious and new places far from their workplace or school whereas others prefer to live in small and old places near their workplace or school. Which do you prefer and why? Please use examples and reasons to support your answer.
1. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Besides teaching students academic subjects, schools are also supposed to teach them on moral issues.
2. Do you think that people in the future will no longer read paper books with the development of e-books?
3. The government now plans to build a factory near your community. It can create new jobs, but it will also contaminate the environment. Do you think it is a good idea or not?
4. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students who hand in their homework behind the deadlines should be given lowers scores.
5. Do you think life is easier to children than it is to adults?
6. You live in a crowded city with only one green space-the city park, but government recently proposes that it plans to build a housing complex on this only green space. Do you think this is a good idea?
7. Do you think parents should allow their children to make mistakes and learn from these mistakes by themselves?
8. You university has decided to record some lectures by professors and put these videos on its website to attract future students. Do you think it’s a good idea?
9. Do you think that all citizens should be required to stop working and retire by the age of 65? Explain why.
10. Do you think that students should be allowed to record professors’ lecture in class?
11. Your university has decided to allow citizens in the nearby communities to audit classes on campus. This means citizens who are interested in a course can sit in the same classroom with the students, but there will be no exams or assignments for them. Do you think it is a good idea? Explain why.
12. Do you think that violence and bad language should be banned on TV and in movies? Explain why.
13. Do you think that employees should not be allowed to send any personal emails or text messages?
14. Do you think that children should be required to read or watch news at a very early age?
15. Do you think parents should help their children look for jobs? Explain why.
16. Do you think it is a good idea to eliminate the computer lab on campus since almost every student has a laptop today?
17. Do you think we should report to our family members about everything we experience on a trip? Please include details and examples in your explanation.
18. Do you think students should be allowed to use calculators when taking math exams?
19. Do you think it is a good idea for parents to force their children to learn skills that they are not interested in? Explain why.
20. Do you think that talented kids should be separated from their peers and receive special education?
21. Some high school students take a gap year before they go to college so that they can do something else like having a part-time job or travelling. Do you think it is a good idea or not?
22. Do you agree or disagree that good teachers admit to their students that they do not know everything?
23. Do you think it is a good idea for schools to raise the price of unhealthy foods and use the extra money to provide students with more healthy foods like vegetables and fruits?
24. What do you think of people who plan to get better looks through plastic surgeries?
25. Do you agree or disagree that sports tend to make children more aggressive? Explain why.
26. Some people say that news should never include the gossips of celebrities. What is your opinion and why?
27. Do you think students should be allowed to bring their laptops to the classroom? Explain why.
28. Give reasons why managing time is challenging for university students and why it is important.
29. What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages there could be if you study abroad?
30. Do you think parents today put more pressure on their children? Explain why.
31. Do you think children should be required to help with household work as long as they are old enough to do so?